As the heat and humidity of summer pushes in, I like a more refreshing bite for lunch. Cucumbers own 'refreshing' in spades.
If I am going to make a sandwich, I prefer it open-faced. Not just for the pretty but to also manage those carb calories. I think the look adds a bit of class too.
Today's lunch was a simple one.
- Half of an Ottawa Bagelshop and Deli sesame bagel, toasted if preferred. I keep them pre-cut in the freezer.
- A light smear of cream cheese, instead of butter.
- Cucumber slices. I don't like the full rind, so I peel it away in haphazard strips to create a variegated look.
- Sweet Cocktail tomato slices - Product of Canada!
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Finishing with the ubiquitous sprinkle of chives.
Cucumbers are one of my heat busters. What's yours?