Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life of Pie's Butter Tart



Seventy-five cents. That's it. Seventy-five cents gets you a butter tart from Life of Pie, 1095 Bank Street in Old Ottawa South.

I take great pride in my own homemade butter tarts, finally perfected after many years of tinkering. As seems to be the Canadian pass time, I still continue my search for the perfect tart beyond my kitchen. No surprise that I might pick one up on my recent stroll through Old Ottawa South.

For me I like a softer flake to my crust but I was glad that their shell was not too thick. The filling was not packed with raisins or nuts; just pure runny goo. A well pitched sweetness, in fact. But I am not a fan of the sugar crystallizing in the bottom of the tart. A problem I once had with my tarts too. More syrup and less sugar helps. Plus cream. They will work to maintain the suspension of all those ingredients of goodness.

For seventy-five cents, I would do it again.




Life of Pie
1095 Bank Street (Old Ottawa South)
Ottawa, Ontario
613.693.1853

Mon to Fri: 8 am - 6 pm
Sat: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Sun: 10 am - 4 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...