Wednesday, June 30, 2010

LCBO Food & Drink Magazine - Summer 2010



The Summer edition of the LCBO's Food & Drink Magazine was released today. When I showed up at the store this morning at Richmond and Kirkwood, just minutes before opening, I was impressed with the line-up outside waiting, I presumed, to snatch up the new magazine. Imagine my surprise when the store opened and they all darted for the shelves. I guess it is a liquor store after all.

In a show of support, I picked up a Strewn wine close to the magazine stand and headed to the cash. I just wanted to get home and read. The bottle of Strewn remains unopened, for those of you wondering what beverage accompanies a magazine read at 10:30 am!

Check out the Spicy Chicken Kebabs with Blue Cheese Dip in Sensational Skewers. You may not be able to resist the Roasted Garlic with Lemon & Chèvre in Al Fresco at last! And perhaps you will finish with Dulce de Leche Flan Alfajores in Argentine Cuisine. And the next day, well, you could easily move on to try a seafood theme of the Chili Napa Slaw with Lime Mint Scallops, Classic Crab Cakes with Lemon Mayo, Lobster Rolls with Belgian Baked Fries......

Any menu ideas for Canada Day yet? Perhaps you can start by getting out there to pick up the Summer issue of the LCBO's Food & Drink. You know they go in a flash.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! You make me want to leave my desk and dart for the LCBO!!!

    ...magazine, not the booze just quite yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...