Saturday, September 17, 2011

Edgar - Is It A Secret Place?



Sometimes I get the feeling that Edgar is a secret place. Not that many don't know it. Many definitely do. By secret place, what I mean is, that it's a getaway from real life stuff. A place to go when you want to leave everything else behind. Just for an hour or so. Safe. Comfortable. Trusting. Consistent. Enveloping.

I have wondered if this effect is just because it is across the river from me. A place a bit more French than I use in my day to day in Westboro. Or maybe, it's just because it is wee. As an 11 seater, it helps to get there first. The summer patio pretty much doubles the space.

One would think that their seasonal focused menu wouldn't suit this feeling. So many unknowns. Wouldn't you want predictability? In fact, it is something that signifies that this place is always moving, ever changing, never in a rut. But I find that this brings comfort of a different kind. A freshness that is rejuvenating.

I sense that others have this 'secret place' feeling too.


[My vegetarian panino.]


[My friend's Indian panino with tandoori chicken and chutney.]


[Our shared desserts: Strawberry, Rhubarb and Raspberry Cheesecake; Lemon Meringue Tart; Chocolate Brownie with Orange and Cayenne. We mellowed the sweetness with our Cha Yi teas - Rooibos Safari and Honeybush Raspberry.]

Edgar
60 rue Bégin
Gatineau (Hull sector), Quebec
819.205.1110
www.chezedgar.ca
www.sheeatsbears.blogspot.com

Update to Brunch hours (effective Oct 1, 2011)
Wed to Fri: 10 am - 6:30 pm
Sat: 10 am - 5 pm (Brunch 10 am - 2 pm)
Sun: 9:30 am - 5 pm (Brunch 9:30 am - 2 pm)
Mon and Tues: Closed

Edgar on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could eat the photos. I enjoy reading your posts; the are written with such love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 'Anonymous'. It always feels good to hear nice things like this. In case you happen to care one wee bit about technology, these pictures were taken on my phone. Android Galaxy S. Big ass gear is great but sometimes it comes down to the available lighting and what you might be able to cobble together for composition. I should also mention that they are 'as is'. I am glad you come by to visit when you can. Maybe I will hear more from you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this yummy looking food lovely post
    thank you following you on google friends nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still need to visit edgar... looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...