Do I have any buttermilk drinking buddies out there in the foodie galaxy? Such kindred spirits seem to be few and far between. No one else in this house shares my fetish.
The website Good Health Tips shares the following health benefits from drinking buttermilk.
- Buttermilk is a good source of potassium, Vitamin B-12, calcium and phosphorous. It also contains probiotics; they help with digestion and strengthen your immune system.
- Buttermilk is easier to digest than regular milk because it contains even more lactic acid than can be found in skim milk.
- Buttermilk actually has less fat than regular milk; the fat has been removed to make butter.
- Healthy bacteria reside in everybody’s colon, and in return for food and a warm place to live these resident bacteria contribute to your health.
- Some healthy things these bacteria do to your body are manufacture vitamins, improve digestion, boost Immunity, manufacture nutrients, protect against cardiovascular diseases and protection against carcinogens.
Do you take your buttermilk in a glass or lovingly incorporated into a pancake batter?