Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sometimes Brunch Isn't About The Food



Sometimes brunch isn't about the food.

Not about the prosecco, nor the latte with thick crema. Not about the buttermilk pancakes brimming with blueberries, nor the pure maple syrup drowning the plate. Not about the crisp hickory smoked bacon, nor the fruit salad and yogurt.

Sometimes brunch is about the beautiful weather. The relaxing lounge on the deck. The music of water dancing splashes from the fountain. The umbrella'd table that seats more than two.

Sometimes brunch is about the wonderful friends that came over to visit and the beautiful hydrangeas that walked in the door with them.

Sometimes brunch is not about the food.

3 comments:

  1. I agree.

    I have had friends over for brunch rather that dinner during the holidays for the last few years and it is never about the food. No extensive cooking, just a great occasion to sit around the table, slowly start our day and catch up on everything that has been going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc-André: I am trying hard to be more relaxed in the kitchen and just go with the flow. Old habits die hard but I am hoping I will experiment more, as a result. Take more risks. We shall see. Keeping my eye on the prize (great company at the dinner table) is a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup.... I have to agree with this post!! To me it is about the friends and family gathering together. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...