Thursday, March 25, 2010

How Do You Decide The Rest Of Your Life?

My days of 'parenthood' are numbered. 66 days until he is 18. 92 days until school is done. And something like 166 days until the Fall Term begins for first year university. The offers are coming in and in order to keep his options open, he cast his net wide when it came to applying to programs. So far, all five letters have been offers. He still waits for 4 more. I have no idea how he will decide. In general, the theme is engineering but the discipline varies. How will he decide? Every school is very different in its own right. Differentiated by size, campus setting, pedigree, diversity of the student population and history. How will he decide? In some ways, this is close to one of the biggest decisions of his life. Where he goes will dictate who will be taking that journey with him and potentially who could become his life long friends. How will he decide?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I found you by way of Ottawa Foodies. As a recent graduate, I respect the fact that you are leaving this decision up to him. I'd like to add though, that his decision may change over the first year and he might find himself at another campus, or in another program next year.

    Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting advice regularly that I can synthesize down to "Your job is just to love him. No matter what." I will enjoy practicing that every day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...