Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lawrence Hill, Author of The Book of Negros


I attended a book reading, interview and book signing last night. The center of attention was Lawrence Hill, renowned author of The Book of Negros. And as Lawrence read one of his many moving passages from this book, I felt the cadence of his voice call up the image of Maya Angelou of all people. Perhaps it was the softness of his voice and the tenderness of his carefully chosen words. I don't know if Lawrence Hill has ever written poetry but that undulating passage, made me think that he could. I only wish that I had told you sooner to be at the Museum of Civilization at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, February 10th. Because I can't imagine that where you were at that time could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...